- Terms of service for website
- Requirements and Relationship
- i. Registrations and User Accounts
- ii. Access to the Site
- iii. User Content
- iv. Acceptable Use Policy
- v. Intellectual Property Policy
- vi. Engaging with the site’s features
- vii. Third-Party Links, Advertising, and Affiliate Partners
- viii. Disclaimers and No Liability
- ix. Terms and Termination
- x. Jurisdiction and Grievance Officer
- Terms of Professional Services
- General Terms
- Virtual Personalized Services
- Website Design, Development, and Maintenance Services
- Editorial Services
- Logo and Tagline Services
- Training Programs and Workshops
- i. Information We Collect
- ii. How And Why We Use Information
- iii. Sharing Information
- iv. How Long We Keep Information
- v. How We Protect Your Information
- vi. What Are Your Choices
- vii. Other Things You Should Know
Terms of Service for Website
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of our website, you agree to become bound by the Terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the Terms of this Agreement, then you may not access or use any of our website’s services. Certain features of and services offered on the Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features and services. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into these Terms. If these Terms are considered an offer by Unakriti, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
Requirements and Relationship
Our website’s services are not directed to children. Access to and use of our website is only for those over the age of 13 (or 16 in the European Union). If you are younger than this, you may not register for or use our services that require an account. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our website represents that they are 13 years of age or older (16 years or older in the European Union). Additionally, any person who makes a payment using our site to hire our services or provides their personal information to our website to seek professional help represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
These Terms describe the legally binding terms and conditions that oversee your use of the site and our services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
You hereby release and forever discharge Unakriti and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action, and cause of action of every kind and nature, that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or that relates directly or indirectly to, the Site.
Your relationship to Unakriti is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Unakriti’ prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
i. Registrations and User Accounts
- For you to use certain features of the Site or the services offered therein, you have to start an account and/or provide information about yourself. You warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful, up-to-date and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may request the deletion of your account at any time by writing to [email protected] At its sole discretion, Unakriti may suspend or terminate your account without prior notice
. Youare responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You approve to immediately notify Unakriti of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account. Unakriti cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
ii. Access to the Site
- Subject to these Terms, Unakriti grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to access the Site solely for your own personal, noncommercial use.
- The rights approved to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site; (b) you shall not change, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site; (c) you shall not access the Site in order to build a similar or competitive website; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Site must be retained on all copies thereof.
- Unakriti reserves the right to change, suspend, or cease the Site with or without notice to you. You approve that Unakriti will not be held liable to you or any third-party for any change, interruption, or termination of the Site or any part.
You agree that Unakriti will have no obligation to provide you with any support in connection with the Site
. Allthe intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Site and its contentare owned by Unakriti. Note that these Terms and access to the Site do not give you any rights, title or interest in or to any intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressed in Section 2. Unakriti reserve all rights not granted in these Terms.
iii. User Content
- “User Content” means any and all information and content that a user submits to the Site. You are exclusively responsible for your User Content. You bear all risks associated with the use of your User Content. You hereby certify that your User Content does not violate our Acceptable Use Policy. You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by Unakriti. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content, you may expose yourself to liability. Unakriti is not obliged to backup any User Content that you post; also, your User Content may be deleted at any time without prior notice to you. You are solely responsible for making your own backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
- You hereby grant to Unakriti an irreversible, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully-paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, solely for the purposes of including your User Content on the Site. You hereby irreversibly waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
- We reserve the right to review any User Content, and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of these Terms or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may include removing or modifying your User Content, terminating your Account, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
- If you provide Unakriti with any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site, you hereby assign to Unakriti all rights in such Feedback and agree that Unakriti shall have the right to use and fully exploit such Feedback and related information in any manner it believes appropriate. Unakriti will treat any Feedback you provide to Unakriti as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- Each Site user is solely responsible for any and all of its own User Content and conduct with other users. Because we do not control all User Content, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content, whether provided by you or by others. You agree that Unakriti will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Site user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
iv. Acceptable Use Policy
- You agree not to use the Site to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content (i) that violates any third-party right or any intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
- In addition, you agree not to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Site any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) send through the Site unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages; (iii) use the Site to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users without their consent; (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Site, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, whether through password mining or any other means; (vi) harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Site; or (vi) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Site, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to the Site.
v. Intellectual Property Policy
- Unakriti reserves all rights on the Site’s Copyright/Trademark Information. All trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third-parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
- Unakriti respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site do the same. In connection with our Site, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination of users of our online Site who are repeated infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification must be provided to the designated Grievance Officer:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Please note that any misrepresentation of material fact in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
vi. Engaging with site’s features
The following applies to all users seeking to publish on Unakriti, review a book by Unakriti, or to enter a contest.
- Contributors must submit original stories only (not published anywhere else)
A submission is subject to quality checks and does not guarantee publishing
Only published articles are eligible to earn badges or to win contest prizes
No cash equivalent will be offered in substitution of contest-prizes or badges earned
- All submissions must follow our minimalist submission guidelines
- All contest-related entries must follow the submission dates (when specified)
- Unakriti reserves the right to edit your article/s and to replace or omit images
- Unakriti reserves the right to remove or retain all published content on its site
- Unakriti reserves the right to change or alter the rules, method of submission and/or method of earning badges / prize(s) without prior notification
- Promotions run by Unakriti on 3rd party social media platforms (such as but not limited to Facebook or Twitter) are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with said third parties
- The decisions of Unakriti shall be final as to all submissions including those made for contests
vii. Third-Party Links, Advertising, and Affiliate Partners
The Site may contain links to third-party websites and services, and/or display advertisements for third-parties. Such Third-Party Links & Ads are not under the control of Unakriti, and Unakriti is not responsible for any Third-Party Links & Ads. Unakriti provides access to these Third-Party Links & Ads only as a convenience to you and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links & Ads. You use all Third-Party Links & Ads at your own risk and should apply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so. When you click on any of the Third-Party Links & Ads, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices.
Amazon(affiliate association suspended since July 2018)
- Google Adsense (advertising)
- Bluehost (web hosting)
- Namecheap (domain registration)
viii. Disclaimers and No Liability
- The site is provided on an “as-is” and “as available” basis, and Unakriti and our suppliers expressly disclaim any and all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, including all warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment, accuracy, or non-infringement. We and our suppliers make no guarantee that the site will meet your requirements, will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis, or will be accurate, reliable, free of viruses or other harmful code, complete, legal, or safe.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Unakriti and its officers, employees, and agents harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third-party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Site, (b) your violation of these Terms, (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations or (d) your User Content.
- In no event shall Unakriti be liable to you or any third-party for any lost profits, lost data, costs of procurement of substitute products, or any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages arising from or relating to these terms or your use of, or incapability to use the site even if Unakriti has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Access to and use of the site is at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your device or computer system, or loss of data resulting therefrom.
ix. Terms and Termination
These Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site and the services offered therein. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use certain or all site features and/or services offered therein at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site or services in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use certain features of the Site will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve deletion of your User Content associated with your Account from our live databases. Unakriti will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms.
x. Jurisdiction and Grievance Officer
Mr. Abhijeet Deshpande,
IB#14, Kasliwal Marvel (West),
Satara Parisar, Beed By-Pass,
Email: [email protected]
Terms of Professional Services
i. General Terms
The general terms and conditions apply to all professional services offered by Unakriti in good faith. Please read these carefully.
- ‘I’, ‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘our’ refers to Unakriti, the service provider or seller. ‘You’ or ‘your’ refers to the Client, the service consumer or the buyer. ‘Agreement’ or ‘deal’, refers to the Contract between Unakriti and the Client.
- The Client acknowledges that by contracting with Unakriti or by submitting material in any form to Unakriti, the Client is not in violation of any laws.
- It is not necessary for any Client to have signed an acceptance of these terms and conditions on paper for them to apply. If a Client accepts a quote via email, makes a partial or full payment, or uses our services, then the Client will be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the terms applying and have accepted these terms and conditions in full.
- We conduct all of our business in an honest and ethical manner and have zero-tolerance to practices such as bribery and corruption. We are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships, wherever we operate.
- We conduct all of our business in a polite and professional manner and have zero-tolerance to abusive language, harassment, violence, or unreasonable behavior. We are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships, wherever we operate.
- All projects, unless specified otherwise, are delivered remotely and Unakriti is not liable to be physically present at a Client’s location.
- If a Client wishes to have a representative of Unakriti visit its premises or travel someplace to conduct business, for instance, but not limited to conducting workshops or demonstrating a creative work, the Client shall make an advance and comfortable arrangements related to such travel, accommodation, and other reasonable daily expenses for Unakriti’s representatives.
- The Client shall reserve seats in comfortable air-conditioned rail coaches. If travel takes more than six hours by rail, the Client shall make flight arrangements. If air travel is more than eight hours, the Client shall book a business class seat. The Client shall also make arrangements for cab transfers for the last-mile. For locations where a train or air connectivity is not available, the Client shall arrange for private cabs for end-to-end travel.
- Unakriti reserves the right, without any liability to the Client, to cancel a business meeting or an event in case the travel arrangements or the business venue is not reasonably clean, safe, or comfortable. Furthermore, the Client shall be responsible to arrange for safe and comfortable return travel for Unakriti’s representative.
- All communications/correspondences, including the exchange of files and documents, are generally done electronically via secure connections and emails. It is the Client’s responsibility to keep us updated with their relevant email addresses and other means of contact. Unakriti and the Client agree to take precautions to mitigate the possibility of the exchange of contaminating, malicious or destructive malware, viruses or spyware.
- We usually work weekdays (Monday to Friday) and are responsive to Client’s requests/communications between 10 am and 07:00 pm Indian Standard Time. If you send us an email late in the evening or on a weekend or a public holiday, please allow us to respond on the next working day.
- By providing your email address to us, you give us permission to send you regular updates from Unakriti and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Unakriti will perform the professional services with reasonable skill and care, in the time-frame specified during the initial order, while taking into consideration any additional instructions given by the Client in regard to the work to be carried out. Any other conditions or warranties whether express or implied as to the quality of the services are hereby expressly excluded.
- The projected date of completion provided to the Client upon submitting the job is not guaranteed and is considered an estimate. In the event the job takes longer than originally expected, Unakriti will contact the Client with a revised completion date. Unakriti and the Client agree that reasonable delays are accepted due to any reason, such as, but not limited to, redefined or modified functionalities, delays in necessary information or actions, or if third-parties influence the project activities. Under any circumstance, the Client will not hold Unakriti liable for delays in the project milestones.
- To fulfill a contractual obligation, Unakriti may assign or sub-contract the whole or any part of the Contract to any person, firm or company. In cases where such contracting adds up to the project cost or leads to the application of third party terms and conditions, the Client will first be asked for permission to proceed.
- Client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Unakriti, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, owners and officers, against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any lawsuit, arbitration, dispute, or similar proceeding involving, but not limited to, a criminal violation of laws, a civil claim for tort, contract and/or property damages, or an administrative proceeding which arises from the publication, distribution, transmission, communication, disclosure, or redistribution related to any material the Client sends, communicates, transmits, or submits, or authorizes a third party to send, communicate, transmit or submit, via email, uploading, or any other method, to Unakriti.
- Client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Unakriti, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, owners and officers, against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any lawsuit, arbitration, dispute, or similar proceeding involving, but not limited to, a criminal violation of laws, a civil claim for tort, contract and/or property damages, or an administrative proceeding which arises from the work supplied by Unakriti.
- Client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Unakriti, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, owners and officers, against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any lawsuit, arbitration, dispute, or similar proceeding involving, but not limited to, a criminal violation of laws, a civil claim for tort, contract and/or property damages, or an administrative proceeding which arises from inaccuracy, omission, delay or error, whether the result of negligence or otherwise.
- The Client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Unakriti, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, owners and officers, against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from the Client’s violation of this agreement and any claim by a third party that arises from a breach of this agreement.
- Unakriti shall not be in breach of this contract if there is any total or partial failure of performance by it of its duties and obligations under this contract occasioned by any act of God, fire, act of government or state, war, civil commotion, insurrection, embargo, prevention from or hindrance from obtaining any raw materials or energy, sickness or other cause beyond its reasonable control. If Unakriti is unable to perform its duties and obligations under this contract as a direct result of one or more such causes Unakriti shall give written notice to the Client of such inability stating the cause in question.
- During the term of the contract and for a period of 12 months thereafter, the Client shall not directly or indirectly employ or solicit services from any employees, agents, or partner firms of Unakriti.
- Unakriti reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue any professional service and/or applicable discounts with or without notification.
ii. Virtual Personalized Services
Services such as coaching, counseling, or Oracle reading are classified as Virtual Personalized Services and are subject to the following terms.
- You understand that you are responsible for making the call to us, via Skype only.
- You understand that you remain fully responsible for your physical, emotional, and mental well-being, including your choices and decisions. You are aware that you can choose to discontinue virtual personalized sessions at any time.
- You understand that the relationship during virtual personalized sessions is professional, designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal/professional and business goals and to develop and implement a strategy/plan for achieving these goals.
- You understand that virtual personalized sessions, as applicable, are a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of your life, including work, health, finances, relationships, recreation, and education. You acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues and implementing choices is exclusively your responsibility.
- You understand that virtual personalized sessions, as applicable, are not a tool to predict future outcomes and/or occurrences. You acknowledge that deciding how to handle information from such sessions and implementing choices is exclusively your responsibility.
- You understand that virtual personalized sessions, as applicable, do not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders. You understand that virtual personalized sessions, as applicable, are not a substitute for clinical interventions, psychoanalysis, psychiatry, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or formal training, and you will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment, therapy, or formal education, as the case may be. If you are under the care of a mental health professional you confirm you have discussed your entering into such virtual personalized sessions.
- You understand that virtual personalized sessions, as applicable, are not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, financial, spiritual or other qualified professionals, as the case may be. You will seek independent professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other matters. You understand that all these areas are exclusively yours and you acknowledge that your decisions and your actions regarding them are your sole responsibility.
- You agree that sessions will not take place if you are under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- You agree that if you happen to meet our counselor outside of the session, they will not greet you. This is to protect your privacy and maintain confidentiality. If you acknowledge them openly, then they will respond in an appropriate, professional manner.
- You agree that you will not invite the counselor to join you on any social media as they are not permitted to do so under their strict Codes of Ethics, and refusal can cause offense where none is intended.
- You understand that information will be held as confidential unless you state otherwise, in writing, except as required by law.
- You understand that certain topics under virtual personalized sessions, as applicable, may be anonymously and hypothetically shared for training or consultation purposes.
iii. Website Design, Development, and Maintenance Services
- Our standard plans are meant to get you a robust and optimized website. The fixed price plans are based on a fixed scope. The deliverables for each plan are clearly listed on the service offering page and include a theme-based website layout. The standard plans do not include bespoke design created using page designers or custom coding.
- If our standard website design and development plans do not fit your needs, we can draft a custom quote for you. All custom projects will follow its own mutually agreed scope, delivery schedule, and if applicable, payment terms. The rest of the terms and conditions herein apply to custom projects also.
- The client is responsible for buying a domain, hosting, and business communications components, keeping it secure and renewing it regularly. In the case of premium software used in a project, the Client is responsible for paying the license renewal fees on a regular basis. The Client also agrees to be responsible for creating and managing accounts on such service provider websites that require credit card information for recurring payments.
- All projects must begin with a Client providing technical-level access at domain registrar to manage DNS, administrator-level access to hosting account, and administrator-level access to the server.
- We sell our skills and time based on estimated effort for a project and frown upon scope creeps. Except for minor changes (cumulatively not exceeding 10 percent of the overall estimated project duration), we will raise an invoice for additional requests outside of the standard project scope.
- Any complexity related to specific tasks must be advised to us in advance and this will be estimated separately. We operate in good faith and rely on our clients to disclose the full picture before
projectkick-off. The Client will be responsible for any discrepancy arising due to unclear requirements.
- Website content and all related materials such as text write-ups, product descriptions, pages, blogs, images, logo files, PDF, audio and/or video files need to be provided to us within the first week of starting the project. Images or photographs that Client supplies must be in digital format, with a suitable resolution that will allow them to be resized and used on various screen formats (retina displays, desktops, etc.) without loss of resolution.
- The Client guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Unakriti for inclusion in a website, are owned by the Client, or that the Client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, indemnify and defend Unakriti and its subcontractors from any liability (including solicitors fees and court costs), including any claim or suit, threatened or actual, arising from the use of such elements furnished by the Client.
- All websites are developed to work across all major browsers and platforms including devices such as mobile phones and touchpads. However, Unakriti cannot guarantee complete and/or long term compatibility across every major browser, platform or handheld device due to updates/upgrades by their respective vendors.
- As the website designer and developer, Unakriti reserves the right to place a small and unobtrusive text and link (A Site by Unakriti) at the bottom of your website claiming credits for the creative work. Unakriti also reserves the right to display and link to a completed website as part of our portfolio, and to write about the project on other websites, in a magazine or online articles, books, written or digital publications of any design and source.
- The project shall be considered terminated without any refund if, after project commencement, Client communication (face-to-face, telephone, or email) stops for a period of 90 days or when either party cancels a contract, for whatsoever reason, with written notice at any time before the final plan payment. In such situations, against the advance payment received, Unakriti will deliver the administrative components of DNS configuration, eMail server configuration with a maximum of 1 email box, an SSL configured WordPress installation, login security, security plugin,
cronjobs, and automated backups. In termination scenarios, Unakriti is not liable to deliver any design components such as layouts or other features.
- The final payment indicates acceptance of the final deliverable by the Client. Until all payments have been made, the website will not launch and Unakriti will not release control of the website and related infrastructure back to the Client.
- All website design and development projects must conclude in Unakriti releasing all control back to the Client, except when a Client retains Unakriti for annual maintenance of its website with a 100% advance payment.
- The AMC-rate offered at the time of the original contract applies only when you retain Unakriti without a time-gap after go-live. Given the enhanced risk after such a gap, Unakriti will do an audit before taking over the administration and reserve the right to accept the contract or not. In scenarios where Unakriti considers a contract, the Client will receive a revised quote.
- When a Client retains Unakriti for standard maintenance of the website, Unakriti shall keep administrative access to itself and delegate editor- or author-level access to the Client. That way, the Client gets to focus on website content and Unakriti takes care of the technical tasks.
- Every standard annual (12 months) maintenance contract includes the following activities on a monthly basis: a) Uptime Monitoring, b) Apply WordPress Patches (when available), c) Offsite Backups, d) Malware Scanning, and e) Update Theme and Plugins (as applicable).
- If your site is hacked or infected with malware, we help by identifying and removing the source (plugin or theme) of the problem, and/or by restoring a clean version of your site from an offsite copy, starting with the most recent backup.
- Maintenance contracts do not include the addition of new features, code, pages, blogs, uploading content/products, development hours, or customization.
- Maintenance contracts
donot cover security incidents (hacked or infected with malware) impacting the backups. For such rare cases, Unakriti can recommend specialist security professionals but is not obligated to do so.
- Maintenance contracts do not cover anything not explicitly included in the AMC’s scope of work.
iv. Editorial Services
- All documents for the editorial services must be submitted via electronic means in the English language and in either OpenDocument (.odt) or Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx) file format.
- Unakriti shall verify the word count of the Client’s document upon submission in order to validate that the file and work required tally with the relevant service package ordered.
- Unkariti reserves the right to refuse content that, in its sole opinion, is deemed illegible, inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
- Unakriti works to a minimum editorial order amount, discounted or not, regardless of word count or any other factor. Such a minimum amount, specified in the basic plan listed on the service page, is subject to change without notification.
- The Client agrees that by submitting the document to be edited, accepting the price quote, and paying the fee, jobs are considered final and no cancellations will be allowed, and no refunds will be granted.
- Any additional modifications/amendments/additions requested by the Client, after the initial order for the service, has been placed, may be subject to an additional charge or an extension of the completion date.
- Unakriti reserves the right to request further materials from the Client in order to complete the work efficiently. These could range from queries answered via electronic means to additional documentation provided by the Client. If requested materials are not received promptly upon request then the estimated completion date for any work will be extended.
- The Client retains the copyright on any materials submitted to Unakriti and therefore accepts responsibility for any issues of liability that may arise from charges of copyright infringement, plagiarism or unauthorized use of the text, files, or graphics included in the arrangement between Unakriti and the Client.
- As part of the editorial job, Unakriti will consider the Client’s target audience and the strategic intent of publishing an artifact.
- As part of the editorial job, Unakriti will review and revise the structure as needed by moving sections, paragraphs, and sentences to improve readability and by assigning new levels to headings to achieve logical structure.
- As part of the editorial job, Unakriti will emphasize
onthe flow and readability, change passive voice to active voice, if requested and enforce a consistent style and tone in a multi-author manuscript.
- As part of the editorial job, Unakriti will also check for incorrect capitalization, callouts and captions for figures, tables, and other display elements, expressions, hyphenation, spellings, punctuation, grammar rules, eliminate wordiness and inappropriate jargon, and highlight key messaging where appropriate.
- As part of the editorial job, Unakriti will not refer to any templates or documentation for formatting and styling
- As part of the editorial job, Unakriti will not add additional content to the document such as research findings, missing citations, or visual elements (tables, charts, graphs, figures, or equations). Unakriti is only responsible for editing and providing editorial comments/suggestions for textual content already found within the document.
- As part of the editorial job, all edits made to Client’s documents will be performed using either OpenDocument’s or Microsoft Word’s Track Changes feature, which allows for fast and simple review and management of content recommendations and copy edits.
- While the Client having the document professionally edited and evaluated could improve its readability, Unakriti does not guarantee the work will be error-free.
- Upon completion of the contract, Unakriti does not guarantee acceptance of a manuscript into publications or any publishing house.
iv. Logo and Tagline Services
- All services provided by Unakriti shall be for the exclusive use of the Client other than for the Unakriti’s own promotional use.
- The grant of reproduction rights to the Client for only the approved final deliverable by Unakriti is subject to payment of all agreed fees.
- The advance payment for Logo and Tagline services is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- The project shall be considered terminated without any refund if, after the commencement of the job, Client communication (face-to-face, telephone, or email) stops for a period of 90 days, and ownership of all copyrights shall be retained by Unakriti.
- The Client shall provide Unakriti with samples of application of the project’s deliverables. Unakriti reserves the right to photograph such applications and shall have the right to use such photographs for publication, exhibition, or other promotional purposes.
- The Client shall inform Unakriti in writing before the project commences if any portion of any material or information provided by the Client or if any portion of the project is confidential.
- Unakriti recommends the Client to register a trademark for the final approved deliverable. Our liability ceases once the deliverable is approved and sent.
v. Training Programs and Workshops
- The contents of training programs or workshops as shown on this website are intended for general guidance only and do not form any part of a contract. Unakriti reserves the right to make any reasonable variations to the content without notice.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that the participants meet the prerequisites of the training program or workshop that they are expected to attend, and that the course content meets their requirements.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all training programs and workshops are delivered in English or Hindi or a combination of both as agreed with the Client, and all participants must be sufficiently proficient in the chosen language(s) before attending a training.
- All Intellectual Property associated with training programs or workshops or other associated services shall remain vested in Unakriti. Intellectual Property which is identified as, or can reasonably be deemed to be, confidential and copyright content shall not be copied or reproduced or disclosed to any third party without the prior written consent of Unakriti. The Client shall ensure that its employees and all those under the Client’s control and supervision comply with this obligation. Where services are provided to the specification or special requirements of the Client, the Client shall indemnify Unakriti against all costs, claims, and damages incurred or arising out of any alleged infringements of Intellectual Property.
- The participant is obligated to keep confidential all discussions categorized as confidential made known to him/her during a training program or workshop. This obligation is not limited to the period of a training program or workshop. The participant may not share these with a third party or use them for his/her own purposes.
- In a scenario where the number of participants in a training program or workshop exceeds the number committed in the initial contract, the Client agrees to pay for additional participant/s within 3 days of raising the invoice by Unakriti.
- Unakriti reserves the right to refuse additional participants in a training program or workshop, if, at the sole discretion of Unakriti, such additional participants can deem to impact the effectiveness of the training program or workshop. The Client may set up another session as a new batch as per the terms of Unakriti.
- In a scenario where the number of participants in a training program or workshop is lower than the committed number, there will be no refund or additional session/s due from Unakriti to the Client.
- Unakriti reserves the right to exclude any participant from a training program or workshop due to gross misconduct leading to actual or implied or assumed physical or any other damage to the trainer or other participants including self at any time during the training program or workshop.
- Participants attending a training program or workshop are responsible for their physical, emotional and mental well-being and Unakriti will not be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, direct physical damage to the Client’s property, personal injury or death, any financial, economic or indirect loss incurred by the Client including loss of business, profit, and income or missed opportunities. It is the Client’s responsibility to take out suitable insurance to cover its liabilities.
- Unakriti reserves the right to cancel a training program or workshop if the Client fails to make a 100% advance payment before the scheduled date of training program or workshop. In such a scenario, any partial advance payment will be refunded back to the Client after deducting 30% towards the administrative processing, but Unakriti shall not be liable for any other consequential loss or expense arising such as venue or participant accommodation or any other.
- Unakriti reserves the right to cancel a training program or workshop if the
Clientfails to share the travel and stay arrangement 3 days prior to the scheduled date of training program or workshop. In such a scenario, the advance payment will be refunded back to the Client after deducting 30% towards the administrative processing, but Unakriti shall not be liable for any other consequential loss or expense arising such as venue or participant accommodation or any other.
- Unakriti reserves the right to cancel or arrange an alternative date for a training program or workshop. In such circumstances, Unakriti will endeavor to provide notice of cancellation or change to the registered participants. In the event of cancellation, the Client will be entitled to a full refund of the workshop fee, but Unakriti shall not be liable for any other loss or expense arising.
i. Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our website’s services, to communicate with you, or to make our website’s services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our website’s services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
a. Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a unakriti.com account to provide first and last names, a username and email address–and that’s it.
- Public Profile Information: If you publish with us or agree to publish reviews of our products anywhere on the internet, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have a unakriti.com account, your photograph is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile, such as links to your social media profiles, blogs / websites, or a short description about yourself. Your public profile information is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Private Contact Information: This applies to users in India only. To fulfill our promise of sending rewards to contest-winners, we require you to provide your complete mailing address and a current cellphone number. This information helps the delivery folks do their job!
- Content Information: Depending on the website’s services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content or as comments to an existing post. For example, if you write a blog post, take an interview, or make a comment that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the post publicly. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not to everyone!
- Communications With Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you communicate with us via live chats, emails, respond to potential surveys, or post a comment / question on our published articles.
b. Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our website’s services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on a site using our website’s services–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (e.g., [unakriti.com username] deleted “[title of post]” at [time/date] ). We use this information to, for example, provide our website’s services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our website, so we can make our website better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our website from certain geographic regions.
- Interactions with Other Users’ Sites: We collect some information about your interactions with other users’ sites while you are logged in to your account with us, such as your “Likes” and the fact that you commented on a particular post, so that we can, for example, recommend posts we think may interest you.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.Please refer to the table below for the types of cookies that we use.
|Category of cookies||Why we use these cookies|
|Strictly Necessary||These cookies are essential for websites on our services to perform their basic functions. These include those required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions to, such as, but not limited to, save the contents of virtual “carts” for an ecommerce functionality.|
|Functionality||These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location.|
|Security||We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.|
|Performance||Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our websites, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our websites function and to understand how users interact with them.|
|Marketing / Advertising||These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to visitors who use our services or visit websites we host or provide, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of ads served on our websites. They track details such as the number of unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received. They are also used to build user profiles, including showing you ads based on products you’ve viewed or acts you have taken on our (and other) websites. These are set by trusted third party networks, and are generally persistent in nature.|
|Website Analytics||We make use of third party applications and services to collect and transmit visitor / usage data to their servers. Such applications and / or services do not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data collected and transmitted. We use reports provided by such applications and services to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.|
|Third Party / Embedded Content||We make use of different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing or social login buttons), or embedded content from Youtube and Vimeo. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.|
c. Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your unakriti.com account through another service (like Google), we will receive information from that service (such as your username and basic profile information) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available. We may also get information, such as a mailing address, from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes like postcards and other mailers advertising our services.
ii. How And Why We Use Information
a. Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our website’s services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, or setup your public profile;
- To further develop and improve our website’s services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our website, which helps us improve our website and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased our product/s after receiving a marketing message;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our website, protect the security of our website, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Unakriti and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our website;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Unakriti and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on our website’s services and products; and
- To personalize your experience using our website, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those in a certain geography), and serve relevant advertisements.
b. Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
iii. Sharing Information
a. How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Unakriti, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our website’s services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via an email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
b. Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts you publish on unakriti.com, and your “Likes” and comments, are all available to others–and we hope you get a lot of views! For example, the photo that you upload to your public profile, or a default image if you haven’t uploaded one, is your Globally Recognized Avatar, or Gravatar–get it? :). Your Gravatar, along with other public profile information, will display with the comments and “Likes” that you make while logged in to your unakriti.com account. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
iv. How Long We Keep Information
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Unakriti and investigate issues if something goes wrong. As another example, when you delete a post, page, or comment, it stays in your Trash folder for thirty days just in case you change your mind and would like restore that content–because starting again from scratch is no fun, at all. After the thirty days are up, the deleted content may remain on our backups and caches until purged.
v. How We Protect Your Information
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our website for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
vi. What Are Your Choices
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, or other profile information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our website–for example, publishing content or participating in contests–may not be accessible to you. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communication: You may opt out of electronic newsletters and subscriptions by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button in respective emails.
- Opt-Out of Analytics: You may prevent your data from being used in the website analytics program, currently provided by Google. Simply click this link to download and install the opt-out add-on for your browser.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional or contest-related messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of certain messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before visiting unakriti.com, with the drawback that certain features of the website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our website 🙁 🙁 🙁 :(, you can close your unakriti.com account by sending us a request for account deletion via email. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
vii. What Are Your Rights
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction (except change a username) or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data by sending us a request via email. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
viii. Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
a. Services Provided by Others and Embedded Content
we’d love to hear how we can help you and answer any questions you may have.