Keep in mind these dos and dont’s when travelling to NE India
Dos in NorthEast India
– Do pick up useful local words and phrases.
– Do try local food and drinks.
– Do smile a lot.
– Do respect local customs and norms.
– Do interact with local people.
Donts in NorthEast India
– Do not break laws such as drinking alcohol in a prohibition state.
– Do not speak in loud tone or voice.
– Do not assume that all Indians look alike.
– Do not assume everyone follows same belief system.
– Do not visit someones home without taking a goodie as a token of gratitude for the invitation.
Read more in the Book on Northeast India – Backpacking North East India: A Curious Journey.
Pin Designed on Canva.