Negative thoughts can impact almost every aspect of your life. Especially, if the day starts with a pessimistic outlook, it can have a domino effect on the rest of the day. By giving yourself 60 seconds to kick-start your day with positive thoughts, you can possibly get better control and an optimistic approach to look at things from a calmer lens on day to day basis.
Many times we wake up groggy in the morning, sometimes due to poor sleep, ill health, or bad dreams. Sometimes it could be memories of a disturbing past or future worries. It could even be a hangover or late night party. Or it could just be negative thoughts playing in a loop in our heads, keeping us awake.
Whatever the reason may be, a difficult start in the morning can have a huge impact on the rest of the day. Imagine, you have just woken up and are not in a very good mood, and just then, there is an unpleasant interaction with someone at home or work, or maybe house help, and the mood temperature further goes haywire! It happens to be just this day when you are reminded of missing chores or pending work at the office. Sounds familiar?
How thoughts impact our mood?
Negative thoughts about self, others, or life are some of the major reasons that impact our mood and by focusing on a positive start to a day, you could bring about some change.
When I work with clients virtually, depending on their needs as their Transformation Coach or Virtual Counselor, I help them identify their negative thought patterns and empower them with customized tools that work for them to bring about a positive mindset. But here I am sharing 60 seconds of positive thoughts to give the right kick-start to your day.
How do positive thoughts in the morning help?
By making these positive thoughts a part of your routine, you can potentially take charge of changing your negative thoughts to more positive ones, there by giving your day more energy, more empowerment and more choices. Make a habit to start-off your day on a positive note.
You could also practice these anytime during the day when you are experiencing a dip in your mood and see how it impacts you and your thought process.
While sometimes you may not be able to change the situations or circumstances, these will give you a new approach, a positive approach, to look at things from a calmer lens on day to day basis.
How to kick-start your day with 60 seconds of positive thoughts?
- Give yourself 60 seconds to kick-start your day on a positive note
- Read these positive thoughts every morning after you wake up
- You could also read them anytime you feel low during the day
- Make it even better by speaking aloud & with a smile on your face 🙂
- Do this for at least 30-days, everyday
- Sit or lie-down comfortably, take a deep breath, and get started
- Give 3 seconds to each of these thoughts. You could also play the guided meditation shared here
Positive thoughts to kick start your day
- Today is a brand new day
- Today is a perfect day
- Today is a positive day
- Today is a blessing
- Today I focus on positive thoughts
- Today I am in-charge of my emotions
- Today I am loved & cared for
- Today I love & care for myself
- Today I appreciate myself
- Today I approve of myself
- Today I accept myself
- Today I believe in myself
- Today I express myself fully
- Today I express myself lovingly
- Today is full of learning
- Today I am energized
- Today there are reasons to smile
- Today I am grateful
- Today is just the way it’s meant to be. And so be it!
Take a leap of faith
So, are you ready to give a try to these 60 seconds of positive thoughts to give a kick-start to your day? Take a leap of faith and go for it, now. Do share your feedback or ask me any questions that you many have in the comments of this Guided Meditation video. I look forward to hear from you.
How can Unakriti help
Individual Virtual Sessions
- Choose to work with a Transformation Coach, online. Get just the right approach, structure, tools, techniques, and resources to incorporate positive mindset in your life through mindfulness. Transform your context and transform your chances of favorable outcomes.
- Consider booking a virtual counseling session if you experience negative thoughts leading to self-doubt, stress, worry, high anxiety, inhibitions, or other negative emotions.
Get unconditioned, non-judgemental, empathetic listening, clarity of thoughts, and boost your self-belief. All this while retaining your location flexibility and confidentiality.
Bespoke group sessions
We design bespoke interventions, workshops, and webinars on well-being and mindfulness for professionals, students, educators, teachers, and freelancers. Write to us to discuss what you are looking for.
Disclaimers: (1) Maps, wherever used on this site, serve a representational purpose only. Unakriti does not endorse or accept the boundaries shown, names, or designations used by map providers. (2) This story/article is based on the